Monday, February 5, 2018

Kelsey's birthday

My twin's birthday is next month:


I was just feeling crafty and uninspired but motivated over the weekend, and when that happens I either clean my craft shack or I play with stencils and sprays... on this occasion I played!

Supplies:

  • I sprayed a scrap of Strathmore watercolor paper with Dylusions in Fresh Lime and heat-dried it.
  • Next, I laid Tim's Roses stencil over it and sprayed with water to ghost, then pulled up the excess liquid and dried the stencil
  • After that, I laid the stencil back over, but slightly offset and sprayed it with Distress Spray Stain in Black Soot (and was surprised it worked-- haven't used it in a loooonnnggg time...)
  • Scrap of textured back cardstock for the matting
  • Sentiment written with a Micron 08
The colors just SCREAM my sister's name, so this is for her!

I made this based on the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches... usually I can't meet their deadline, but I did today!  

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fabulous technique and such a wonderful result! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous, luv the colors! I am so glad you played along with us at
    freshly made sketches!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete